April 23-26, 2020
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport
1325 Virginia Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30344
To reserve your room online and receive the special rate of $102 click here. If you prefer, you may call the hotel directly at 404-768-6660 or toll-free 1-855-516-1090 and mention Group Code MMO or the Atlanta Northside Backgammon Club.
Players driving to the tournament will receive a discounted rate of $7 per day for parking. To obtain driving directions to the hotel click here.
Please note that the first rounds of the Open and Intermediate Divisions will begin at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, April 24th. Rebuys in these two events will be accepted until 9:30 p.m. Friday evening.
This is an American Backgammon Tour
sanctioned event. All USBGF members who cash
in the Championship, Intermediate and Novice
Divisions will earn ABT points.
All ABT events return 90% of entry fees and 100% return of side pools. Side events return 85% of entry fees and 100% of Side Pools. To download the full brochure containing all information about the Atlanta Spring Classic click here.
Championship* Entry Fee $300 Side Pool $100 Rebuys $175
Single-elimination with progressive Consolation and progressive Last Chance. 11/9/5-Point matches. Clocked event.
Intermediate* Entry Fee $150 Side Pool $50 Rebuys $100
Single-elimination with progressive Consolation and progressive Last Chance. 9/7/5-Point matches. Clocks preferred but not mandatory.
Novice* Entry Fee $20 Side Pool $20
Round-Robin format. 5-point matches.
Robert Wilensky Masters* Entry Fee $500 Side Pool $100
Single-elimination event. 13-point matches. Clocks mandatory.
Atlanta Cup* Entry Fee $250 Side Pool $50
Single-elimination. 9-point matches. Limited to players who have not cashed at the Championship or Masters levels. Entry is at discretion of Tournament Director and Tournament Advisory Committee.
Speedgammon* Entry Fee $50
Single-elimination with continuous entries and reentries. 5-point matches. Clocks mandatory.
Doubles* Entry Fee $200 per team. Side Pool $80 per team.
Single-elimination. 7-point matches. Reentries are based on availability. Clocks mandatory.
Seniors* Entry Fee $50
Single elimination. 7-point matches open to players age 50 and over. Reentries permitted when available. This event takes a lower priority compared with main events.
Warm-up Tournament Entry Fee $25 Side Pool $25
Begins on Thursday evening for players arriving early. 7-point matches with two matches guaranteed to all entrants.
After-Tournament Jackpot Entry Fee $50/$20 Side Pool $50/20
Open to players knocked out of main events. Single-elimination 7-point matches. Championship players pay $50 entry and Intermediate players pay $20 entry.
2-point matches begin on Thursday night and run all weekend. Reentries permitted and encouraged.
A variety of 4 or 8 player jackpots will run continuously all weekend.
Please note: Anyone active in a main event will not be allowed to enter any side events. Main events are noted by an *asterisk. Players should bring their board and a Bronstein clock if they are playing in clocked events. A limited number of ANBGC clocks will be available for use. The Championship, Intermediate, Robert Wilensky Masters, Speedgammon and Doubles are mandatory clocked events.
Registration is accepted both by mail
and on-site. Click here for the Official
Registration Form. Please note that
preregistration will close on April 9, 2020.
We will accept pre-registration for the ABT Championship, Intermediate, Novice Divisions, Robert Wilensky Masters and Atlanta Cup only. All side events will only be available by on-site entry with payment in full by cash only.
Preregistering by mail requires a fully completed registration form. At this time you may pay your entry fees and registration fees in full or pay a minimum deposit of $25. International entries require no deposit. Please enclose a check made out to Jeff Proctor and mail to:
Jeff Proctor ANBGC
PO Box 344
Holly Springs, GA 30142
Players will receive an email confirmation that their entry has been received. If you only paid a deposit, the balance of your entry fees must be paid on-site in cash. Checks will not be accepted on-site.
You may also register on-site and pay your complete entry fees during any open registration periods. Open registration on-site will be Thursday evening 7 p.m.-11 p.m., Friday 11 a.m.-11:00 p.m., and Saturday morning 9 a.m.-10 a.m. If you choose this option please print and complete the registration form beforehand in order to help speed up the registration process on-site.
All deposits are fully refundable until 2:00 p.m. on Friday, April 24, 2020.
1. The Atlanta Spring Classic is by invitation only. Any entry may be refused without reason.
2. This is an American Backgammon Tour sanctioned event. All players who cash in the Championship and Intermediate Divisions will earn ABT points.
3. The director reserves the right to disallow any entrant from playing below his or her skill level.
4. All matches will be played according to the USBGF Backgammon Tournament Rules & Procedures and, when applicable, the 2013 Backgammon Clock Rules and Procedures.
5. Byes and initial pairings will be randomly assigned by public draw.
6. Posted match times will be strictly adhered to. Penalty points will be applied when a player is late for a scheduled start or a resumption of a match. Players must sign out at the registration desk when leaving the playing room for more than ten minutes.
7. The Championship, Robert Wilensky Masters, Doubles and Speedgammon events are mandatory clocked events. Clocks are preferred in the Intermediate event. Clocks may be applied to any other match when the director deems it necessary to keep the tournament on schedule.
8. All deposits are fully refundable until 2:00 p.m. on Friday, April 24, 2020. Cash will only be accepted as payment on site.
9. The hotel is smoke-free. One 10-minute smoking break is allowed outside per match between games.
10. Cell phones are to remain off during matches.
11. The director may modify the format of any event to maximize the experience of the players.
12. The Atlanta Spring Classic plays Legal Moves. Any dice landing on top of a checker is NOT considered a valid roll and must be rerolled.